"The whole point of Vipassana is to decondition the mind so that one can live a happy life. A life full of love, compassion and good will for all."
- SN Goenka
Donation and loan information
This information is for old students, that is, those who have completed at least one 10-day course with SN Goenka or one of his assistant teachers.
According to the tradition of pure Dhamma, courses are run solely on a donation basis. Having completed a Vipassana course, you naturally wish to share with others the benefits that you have received. Giving dana in this way builds one's qualities of selflessness and generosity and helps the centre to continue offering courses.
People have different means, but even a small donation reflects your desire to help someone else to learn Dhamma. These donations from students are the only source of funding for Vipassana courses in this tradition. There is no wealthy foundation or individual sponsoring the centre. Neither the teachers nor the trustees receive any payment for their service. Thus, the spread of Dhamma is carried out with purity of purpose, free from any commercialism.
How to donate
There are a number of ways to donate to the Vipassana Centre Qld (Dhamma Rasmi):
- Credit/debit card (online) - one-off or monthly donations can be made via the following link:
- Bank transfer - you can donate directly from your bank account by setting up a transfer using online banking or in a branch. This can be done as a one-off donation or set up as a regular donation (e.g. monthly). Online donations are usually fee-free. See details below.
- Cheque or money order - mail a cheque or money order for 'Vipassana Centre Qld' to VCQ, PO Box 119 Pomona Qld 4568. Specify whether the donation is for the centre's general fund or building fund.
- Credit card - you can authorise the treasurer to charge your credit card for a one-off donation or to set up a regular monthly donation. Bank fees of approximately 1.1% of the donation amount are charged to the centre for credit card transactions. Print and complete the donation pledge form and send to the centre to initiate a credit card donation.
- Loans - interest-free or low-interest loans can be made to the centre. These loans usually support the building program at the centre or can be used to offset existing loan interest costs. Contact the treasurer to discuss options, terms and conditions.
- Charitable bequest - you can make a donation to the centre in your will. Contact the treasurer for more information.
Donations can be made to the General Fund or the Building Fund. The General Fund is the default fund which covers most of the operating costs of the centre, including course expenses. The Building Fund is used to fund new buildings and for building maintenance.
From July 2018 VCQ has voluntarily suspended its Deductible Gift Recipient program. Donations to the Vipassana Centre Qld Building Fund are no longer tax deductible until further notice.
To make a donation directly from your bank account to the centre via online banking or in a branch, you need the details below for one of the centre's accounts. Please also email the centre with your details and the donation amount, so a receipt can be issued.
- General Fund
Account name: Vipassana Centre Qld
Account number: 1092 94102
- Building Fund
Account name: Vipassana Centre Qld
Account number: 1092 94161
For international bank transfers to VCQ, please include the SWIFT/BIC code: ANZBAU3M
Bank details: ANZ Bank, Cooroy Branch, Cooroy QLD Australia
If you have any queries about donations or centre finances, please contact: The Treasurer, Vipassana Centre Qld, PO Box 119 Pomona Qld 4568; or leave a message at the centre on T. 07 5485 2452; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If an error has been made and an incorrect donation amount has been debited from your account, please contact us at email@example.com. Please provide your name and address, outlining the date and amount of the transaction and the nature of the mistake, and we will make a reimbursement accordingly.
May all beings benefit from Dhamma